Add a furry element to your egg bunny with this adorable mod to the original egg bunny crochet pattern! Original Post from Match 17th, 2020
One of my favorite things about my Egg Bunny Pattern is all the different yarns that seem to work with it and making different mods with it. Works in worsted weight, velvet yarn, chunky yarn, Bernat Blanket Yarn, and now Faux Fur!
This past fall I jumped on the band wagon of making faux fur scrunchie and holy cow did they do amazing at my shows. Since then I was itching to try my bunnies in that yarn and I finally sat down and worked them out.
I used two different brands of Yarn Bee Snuggle Up, which is a size 5 and Fur the Moment which is a size 6 and the closest to Lions Brand Go For Faux. I was able to use a K 6.5 mm hook for both which was good because the stitches were more visible. This was truer for the Bulky size 6. Even if you aren’t making the bunny, see below for some tips using this type of yarn!
What you will need:
- My Egg Bunny Pattern here in my Etsy.
- Size K 6.5mm crochet hook
- 13mm safety eyes
- Size 5 or 6 faux fur yarn
- Worsted weight yarn in choice of color for the nose and in a similar color to the fur yarn for sewing the pieces together.
- Yarn needle
Follow the main instructions in the pattern (no need to follow the blanket yarn version). No need to leave long tails for sewing, just weave the ends in.
- Use stitch markers where possible and keep count of your rows. It’s almost impossible to see the rows afterwards to count them.
- When you have to decrease, there is no need for an invisible decrease because you can’t see the stitch anyway and an invisible decrease is harder to make with this yarn!
- When using a magic ring, pull a little bit every stitch or two. This will make it easier to pull and your stitches won’t get all bunched up.
- If you get to the end of a round and realize you missed a stitch or have too many, don’t sweat it. Work a increase or decrease to rectify the count. You won’t be able to notice.
For the tail, we are going to make a ball ad stuff it:
Round 1: 8SC in magic Ring
Round 2: 2SC in each (16)
Round 3: DEC around (8) fasten off, stuff and close up.
Round 1: 6SC in magic Ring
Round 2: 2SC in each (12)
Round 3-4:SC in each (12)
Round 5: DEC around (6) fasten off, stuff and close up.
Assemble the bunny as instructed in the pattern.
We’d love to see your finished Bunnies! Tag your photos on Instagram with @KathysKozies and use the hashtag #KathysKozies
Visit my blog for more mods to this pattern
Pattern and images are Copyright ©Kathy’s Kozies, Forget-Me-Not Creations LLC.
Please do not reproduce and redistribute this pattern or images in this pattern as your own. Not for commercial use. You are welcome to sell your ﬁnished piece, but if you do, I ask that you specify Kathy’s Kozies as the original designer and provide a link back to my pattern.